| “Donald Trump has incited violence against the legislative branch of the United States Government and must be impeached again.”
--- Congressman Mondaire Jones
Dozens of members of Congress are calling for the impeachment and removal of Donald Trump.
Click here to tell your Representative and Senators you agree.
Here are 10 of the crucial reasons for impeachment now:
● Trump has sought to overturn an election through fraudulent actions, dishonest demagoguery, and the instigation of violence.
● If nothing is done, Trump can continue to commit similar outrages -- and his followers as well as presidential successors will believe themselves licensed to do the same.
● If Trump is not removed from office, he will likely pardon many involved in Wednesday's terrorism at the U.S. Capitol.
“Donald J. Trump should immediately be impeached by the House of Representatives and removed from office by the United States Senate as soon as Congress reconvenes.”
--- Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley
● The Congress has made itself look powerless for four years, and some people are turning to the National Guard as a solution. This is a dangerous development. We need to reassert the rule of law and the nonviolent resolution of conflict.
● If Trump is not barred from running for president again, he likely will.
● If impeachment as a remedy is not redeemed and put to good use, many will conclude that it is an abusive and/or powerless tool relegated to sex scandals and unproven accusations rather than an effective constitutional means of resisting blatant and open abuses of power.
“I am drawing up Articles of Impeachment. Donald J. Trump should be impeached by the House of Representatives and removed from office by the United States Senate. We can’t allow him to remain in office, it’s a matter of preserving our Republic and we need to fulfill our oath.”
--- Congresswoman Ilhan Omar
● It would be very good for officials to use the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. It would be very good for Trump to resign. But to build pressure toward any such outcome, we can urge the members of Congress who are supposed to represent us to impeach and convict.
● The assertion that the Senate won't convict if the House impeaches is weaker than ever. Things are changing very rapidly. Many Republican senators, for their own cynical reasons, may finally at long last be willing to hold Trump accountable, if not because of his criminal actions, then because he is no longer politically advantageous.
● The excuse that there isn't time is weak for two reasons. First, it's an open-and-shut case, no hearings required, but simply a vote. Second, nothing in the Constitution prevents impeaching, trying, and convicting even when someone is no longer in office. One important penalty that can still be applied is banning the guilty party from ever again running for public office.
● There is no other accountability than impeachment in this situation. Most if not all of the people taking part in a violent attack on the U.S. Capitol are likely to be let off with no repercussions. Creating accountability at the top is more badly needed than ever.
Click here to email Congress.
Please forward this to everyone you can.
After doing this action, please use the tools on the next webpage to share it with your friends.
This work is only possible with your financial support. Please chip in $3 now.
-- The RootsAction.org Team
P.S. Want to join our team challenging Biden to back policies that benefit everyone instead of corporate donors?
>> Join our Facebook Volunteer Network for volunteer opportunities and campaign updates.
>> Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for regular updates on Activism and Pressure Campaigns.
>> Fill out our Action survey to let us know how you want to help.
>> And take action NOW on NoHoneymoon.org.
John Nichols, The Nation: “Impeach Trump Immediately”