The TPP is actually the Trans-Pacific Partnership, more commonly known as NAFTA on steroids.
Join a growing movement to prevent its creation.
The U.S. government is secretly negotiating this treaty with Pacific nations. Here are a few highlights of what whistleblowers have revealed is in the treaty:
- Corporate nationhood. The TPP will empower corporations to take real nations (including the U.S.) to court and overturn their laws.
- Job offshoring. The TPP will create incentives for more exporting of jobs.
- Damage to food safety.
- Damage to environmental protections.
- Enrichment of drug companies at the expense of human health.
- Banning some generic drugs.
- Further deregulating banks. (Read that one twice if you have to! We're not making this up!)
- Forbidding the breaking up of too-big-to-fail financial firms, making them legally too big to fail.
- Censoring the internet by effectively creating SOPA (the Stop Online Piracy Act) despite its failure in Congress as a result of strong public opposition.
TPP is a Terrible Plutocratic Plan. It's fundamentally anti-democratic.
Tell your representative, senators, and the president to oppose it now.
Please forward this email widely to like-minded friends.
-- The RootsAction.org team
P.S. RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, and many others.
1. Talk Nation Radio: Here Comes Corporate Nationhood
2. Public Citizen: How the TPP Impacts You
3. Public Citizen: How the TPP Would Impact Financial Regulations
RootsAction encourages you to attend this year's exciting Democracy Convention: