We've become a nation that callously kills. Meticulous researchers have documented that U.S. drones are killing many innocent civilians in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere. Drones are making the world less stable and creating new enemies. We must end the use of weaponized drones.
Add your name now.
RootsAction and our allies will deliver this petition to:
- the United Nations Secretary General, urging him to investigate the concerns of Navi Pillay, the U.N.'s top human rights official, that drone attacks violate international law -- and to ultimately pursue sanctions against nations using, possessing, or manufacturing weaponized drones;
- the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, petitioning him to investigate grounds for the criminal prosecution of those responsible for drone attacks;
- the U.S. Secretary of State, and the ambassadors to the United States from the nations of the world, asking them to ratify a treaty forbidding the possession or use of weaponized drones.
- President Barack Obama, urging him to abandon the use of weaponized drones, and to abandon his "kill list" program regardless of the technology employed;
- the Majority and Minority Leaders of the U.S. House and Senate, asking them to ban the use or sale of weaponized drones.
Add your name now to build a movement that will rid the world of weaponized drones.
Please forward this email widely to like-minded friends.
--The RootsAction team
Bureau of Investigative Journalism: U.S. Secret Wars
Washington Post: U.S. Drone Targets in Yemen Raise Questions
New York Times: Secret 'Kill List' Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles
Organizations Supporting This Petition (partial and growing list):
Arlington Green Party
Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace
Jeannette Rankin Peace Center
The Northampton Committee to Stop War
Sitkans for Peace and Justice
Veterans For Peace