Ban Weaponized Drones from the World
Meticulous researchers have documented that U.S. drones are killing many innocent civilians in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere. Drones are making the world less stable and creating new enemies. Their remoteness provides those responsible with a sense of immunity.
Weaponized drones are no more acceptable than land mines, cluster bombs, or chemical weapons. The world must renounce and forbid their manufacture, possession, or use. Violators must be held accountable.
We, the undersigned organizations and individuals, urge
- the United Nations Secretary General to investigate the concerns of Navi Pillay, the U.N.'s top human rights official, that drone attacks violate international law -- and to ultimately pursue sanctions against nations using, possessing, or manufacturing weaponized drones;
- the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court to investigate grounds for the criminal prosecution of those responsible for drone attacks;
- the U.S. Secretary of State, and the ambassadors to the United States from the nations of the world, to support a treaty forbidding the possession or use of weaponized drones;
- President Barack Obama, to abandon the use of weaponized drones, and to abandon his "kill list" program regardless of the technology employed;
- the Majority and Minority Leaders of the U.S. House and Senate, to ban the use or sale of weaponized drones.
- the governments of each of our nations around the world, to ban the use or sale of weaponized drones.
|Number||Date||Name||Location||Additional comments? ...|
|88149||Sun Dec 08 23:26:19 EST 2013||k hagerty||madison, WI , US|
|88148||Sun Dec 08 20:43:07 EST 2013||Laura Graziano||Mars Hill, NC , US|
|88147||Sun Dec 08 20:03:34 EST 2013||Chantal Demange||QC , CA|
|88146||Sun Dec 08 17:09:17 EST 2013||Joseph Chvasta||Marietta, GA , US||Please ban drones.
I do ask not to be added to any mailing lists.
|88145||Sun Dec 08 16:43:48 EST 2013||Anonymous||Berkeley, CA , US|
|88144||Sun Dec 08 16:15:53 EST 2013||Carol Bontempo||Jefferson City, MO , US|
|88143||Sun Dec 08 15:49:11 EST 2013||Leena Hasan||Winnipeg, MB , CA|
|88142||Sun Dec 08 14:08:54 EST 2013||Chantal Demange||QC , CA|
|88141||Sun Dec 08 12:40:29 EST 2013||Craig Howland||Fremont, CA , US|
|88140||Sun Dec 08 10:44:32 EST 2013||Abed Me Se||Dallas, TX , US|
|88139||Sun Dec 08 09:06:08 EST 2013||Jessica Jewel||Crete, NE , US|
|88138||Sun Dec 08 03:24:46 EST 2013||Cecily McNeill||NZ|
|88137||Sat Dec 07 22:34:51 EST 2013||Marie Weis||Fox Island, WA , US|
|88136||Sat Dec 07 16:42:57 EST 2013||Melody MacFarland||Pittsburgh, PA , US|
|88135||Sat Dec 07 14:49:16 EST 2013||jack neis||apple valley, MN , US|
|88134||Sat Dec 07 13:11:16 EST 2013||Wes Brickner||San Pedro, CA , US|
|88133||Sat Dec 07 11:49:55 EST 2013||Dale Peterson||Berkeley, CA , US|
|88132||Sat Dec 07 11:34:15 EST 2013||Lucy Smith||Waterford, MI , US|
|88131||Sat Dec 07 06:45:31 EST 2013||Anonymous|
|88130||Sat Dec 07 01:58:41 EST 2013||Robert Nicole||Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, QC , CA|
|88129||Fri Dec 06 23:10:02 EST 2013||Joan McGinn||Clinton, MA , US|
|88128||Fri Dec 06 23:07:17 EST 2013||Joan McGinn||Clinton, MA , US|
|88127||Fri Dec 06 22:37:58 EST 2013||Jeffrey Cody||Chicago, IL , US|
|88126||Fri Dec 06 21:13:06 EST 2013||linda paleias||ft. lauderdale, FL , United States|
|88125||Fri Dec 06 19:56:03 EST 2013||Kathryn Brinton||CA , US|