|A note from David Swanson:
I attended on Wednesday the first public forum of the Blue Ribbon Commission on Race, Memorials, and Public Spaces where I spoke in favor of erecting a peace pole in Charlottesville and delivered this petition: http://bit.ly/cvillepeacepole
I was unable to stay long after speaking. I know that some of you also planned to speak on this. The Commission seemed very open to the idea.
Here's what you can do now:
1. Sign the petition if you haven't http://bit.ly/cvillepeacepole
2. Ask others to sign it.
3. Collect names, email addresses, zip codes of signers on paper and type them in.
4. Volunteer to deliver the petition with more signatures to the Commission at their next meeting on August 11, 6-8 p.m., City Hall Basement Conference Room. Let me know at david[AT]davidswanson.org. I'll send you a nice PDF to print and deliver.
5. Write or phone the Blue Ribbon Commission directly with your own thoughts on why there should be a memorial to peace in Charlottesville.
6. Ask organizations to sign onto the petition, promote it, take on leadership of this campaign. Let me know at david[AT]davidswanson.org.
-- The RootsAction.org team
P.S. RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, Lila Garrett, Phil Donahue, Sonali Kolhatkar, and many others.
P.P.S. This work is only possible with your financial support. Please donate.