Powerful and effective petitions are being created and used by RootsAction members at DIY.rootsaction.org.
We hope you'll give it a try yourself right after you sign this one:
Congress, Return to Session Immediately and Vote to End the U.S. War in Syria and Iraq.
To: The U.S. House of Representatives and Senate
We the undersigned citizens of the United States do hereby petition the Congress of the United States to return into session immediately and vote to end and forbid U.S. war in Syria and Iraq.
Click here to sign.
Why is this important?
1. The U.S. government is in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
2. Many U.S. citizens want Congress to do its job, debate war powers and vote no to this illegal war.
3. If Congress voted Yes they would be violating the UN Charter and the Kellogg-Briand Pact.*
4. It is immoral to wait months while innocent people are being killed, laws broken, and hundreds of thousands of people displaced.
5. There are alternatives: pursue a ceasefire and negotiations, an arms embargo, work through the United Nations and the Arab League and provide humanitarian aid.
6. America should not let terrorists make us violate our own laws.
After signing the petition, please forward this message to your friends. You can also share it from the webpage after taking the action yourself.
-- The RootsAction.org Team
P.S. RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, and many others.
P.P.S. This work is only possible with your financial support. Please donate.
* The UN Charter bans war unless defensive or UN-authorized. The Kellogg-Briand Pact bans all war.