Today, diplomats from Iran and the United States are resuming negotiations in Geneva. Some powerful forces are eager for the talks to collapse -- so the U.S. military will attack Iran. If peace is not pursued, momentum will build toward war.
Click here to tell the State Department, Congress and the President: we've had enough wars, and we want peace with Iran.
The United States has been at similar crossroads before. With horrific results, U.S. leaders bypassed alternatives and pursued war in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.
There’s got to be a better way.
This past summer, Syria was willing to talk about giving up its chemical weapons. There's still a war in Syria, and the CIA is still fueling it, but the talking worked. The missiles didn't fly.
Senator Mark Kirk (R-IL) recently voiced the mindless mentality for war on Iran: "How do you define an Iranian moderate? An Iranian who is out of bullets and out of money."
By clicking here, you can push back against calls for war -- by quickly sending a message to top officials in Washington.
Iran has actually not attacked another nation in centuries, is not threatening war on any nation, does not possess nuclear weapons, and has not violated the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. The United States can’t make any of those four claims.
The Washington Post reported yesterday, "Recent findings by United Nations officials suggest" that Iran "has dramatically slowed work on its atomic energy program since the summer."
But many who want war on Iran are now going all-out to prevent a diplomatic solution.
Please tell the U.S. government to:
* Guarantee no military attack on Iran;
* Cease giving or allowing U.S. sales of weapons to Saudi Arabia or Israel, and refuse to allow those nations to manipulate negotiations they are not part of;
* Halt sanctions that target the people of Iran;
* Invite Iran to re-open an embassy in Washington, D.C.
Send this message, and anything you'd like to add, by clicking here.
Please forward this to anyone who doesn't want another war.
-- The RootsAction.org team
P.S. RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower, Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein, Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, and many others.
P.P.S. This work is only possible with your financial support. Please donate.
1. Associated Press: Bush Rejects Taliban Bin Laden Offer
2. Washington Post: Report Says Hussein Was Open To Exile Before 2003 Invasion
3. BBC: Gaddafi Government Accepts Truce Plan, Says Zuma
4. Washington Post: Senior Senators Signal Concern With Current Iran Talks
5. National Iranian American Council: 29 Organizations Warn Congress Against New Iran Sanctions
Common Dreams: Experts Say Still Hope for Iran Talks
Robert Parry: The Saudi-Israeli Tag Team
Tom H. Hastings and Erin E. Niemela: Peace Options on Iran